Coconut is a very healthy flavor and ingredient, especially in baked goods and other sweet foods. However, do you know that coconut also adds flavor and creamy texture to savory dishes? Yes, that is correct. Whether you are a fan of it flaked or shredded or prefer to use coconut milk or cream, coconut is a versatile ingredient that can help you seriously expand your repertoire of recipes.
Nowadays, more and more recipes are coming with a touch of coconut flavor. There are lots of coconut flour pancake recipe you can find on the Internet. In fact, coconut flavored pancakes and loaves of bread are two of the most in-demand sweets in Asia.
Are you looking for more delicious recipes packed with new and refreshing flavors like coconut? Spice up your usual meal routine with this chocolate joy bars recipe from Delish. Ready your paper and pen, as well as your grocery money, and start making one of these simple treats.
Coconut Joy Bars
Rich coconut milk custard is nestled between a layer of toasted coconut crust and smooth chocolate in these decadent bars.
1 bag sweetened flaked coconut
1½ c. all-purpose flour
⅓ c. confectioners’ sugar
1 c. butter
¾ c. granulated sugar
⅓ c. cornstarch
1 can coconut milk
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In 13-inch by 9-inch metal baking pan, spread 1 cup coconut. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until golden, stirring once. Cool. Wipe out the pan, line with foil; lightly grease foil.
- In a food processor, finely grind toasted coconut. Add flour, confectioners’ sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; pulse to blend. Add butter. Pulse until blended.
- With a spatula, spread dough into an even layer in pan. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- In 2-quart saucepan, whisk granulated sugar, cornstarch, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Whisk in coconut milk until smooth. Heat to simmering on medium-high, whisking frequently. Simmer 2 minutes or until very thick, whisking. Fold in untoasted coconut. Cool slightly. Spread in an even layer over cooled crust.
- Place chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High 2 minutes in 30-second intervals until almost completely melted, stirring between intervals. Stir mixture until smooth. Pour and spread chocolate over coconut filling. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Cut into 1-inch by 2-inch rectangles. Store bars in airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
If you are not a fan of this kind of sweet, you can still enjoy other goods such as the following:
- Mango-Coconut Cream Tart
- Chocolate-Coconut Ice Cream
- Chocolate-Coconut Graham Crackers
- Coconut Cake With Saffron Cream
- Caramel Corn With Peanuts, Pistachios, And Coconut